- I'm a borderline introvert. That means I can stay in my house for days without leaving because I'm really comfortable with being alone, but when I do get out and about I find it refreshing.
- I've been married 33 years to the most wonderful husband on the planet! He has helped to shape me and change me for the better. I don't want to know life without him.
- I have two completely delightful daughters and two fantastic son-in-laws! These four people are four of the finest people I have ever known or will know.
- I also have one mighty little grandson and one sparkly little granddaughter.
- I have a Bachelor's Degree in Christian Education from Freedom Bible College and Seminary. I started working towards this degree when I was 39 years old. 10 years later I completed it! It's one of the most important things I've ever done in my life.
- I dabble in art. I take an art class every week. Our church has a Fine Arts School and I have had the privilege of being able to participate in the adult art classes every week since we've moved here. It is the BEST hour of my week! I also love to crochet and needle felt.
|Autumn in Edora Park by Kerry Van Dusen|
|Still Life by Kerry Van Dusen|
- Although I don't think my writing shows it, in real life I'm sarcastic and a little too cynical. I'm working on the cynical part.
- My motto in life right now is: "Live simple, safe and healthy." In other words, don't overdo anything, don't be stupid about your life, eat well and laugh as much as you can.
- I find the following irresistible and necessary for a healthy life: pizza, Mexican food, chocolate, wine and Starbucks! FWI: my favorite Starbucks drink is a Venti, decaf, non-fat, 2 pump Mocha, no whip, no foam and X-tra hot.
- I love wearing jeans and t-shirts and flip flops and I hate having to work so hard on my hair.