Monday, November 15, 2010

WE HAVE IT ALL!

Ephesians 1:18-19a
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.

Do you realize how much God has made available to you, dear Believer?  Do you count the promises that are yours in Him who saved you?  If you're like me, you probably go about your day to day life without really considering all that is ours in Christ.  Sometimes in the midst of difficulty, I hope and pray in a rather uncertain way for His word and His promises to be real in my current situation.  "God, are you there?"  "God, do you hear my cry?"   I can't help but wonder, if I lived in this awareness every moment of every day . . . how different I would be and how different would be my sight.  Paul wants his readers to know, to be fully aware, of all that God has made available to those who believe.

The heart is the seat of thought, of understanding, of feeling.  It is in the heart that the Holy Spirit provides that inner awareness of our hope in God, the riches that are ours in Christ, and His power directed toward you.  But let's break it down.  First, that "hope" to which you and I have been called is eternal life.  The hope of something better makes my momentary afflictions seem easier to bear.  First and foremost, our glorious Father wants us to be and remain assured of our future glory. (Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:17-20)  Second, we have inherited all the "riches" of God and heaven through our faith in Jesus Christ.  Provision, healing, forgiveness, truth, understanding, wisdom and so much more makes me rich! (2 Corinthians 1:20; 2 Peter 1:3-4)  Third, and not at all least, is His "incomparably great power," an unimaginable divine potency that is directed toward all who believe.  (I'll speak more about this power in my next post.)  No power on this earth or below can take me down because my God is more powerful and is always at work in me and surrounding me.  We're marked, remember. (Romans 8:38; 1 Peter 1:5)

Believers, we have it all!  Today I'm praying for the eyes of my heart to be enlightened so that I might know all that God has made available to me.  Today I'm praying for my sight to change.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 NIV

Enlightened,
Kerry

2 comments:

Connie said...

The other night I was laying in bed thinking about the Holy Ghost and how I "believe"... but that I wasn't experiencing him "In" me...guiding me and telling me which direction I should be taking in my life. So, I was praying for help with that, when I suddenly just lifted my hand toward Heaven with my palm facing the ceiling. (which was kind of difficult because I was laying on my stomach). I was really astonished because I hadn't thought about doing that...but suddenly I was just awe struck, because I really believe the Holy Spirit lifted me up. I really believe that.

Kerry said...

Connie, I believe it too! The Holy Spirit is always ready to meet us when we seek Him. Thanks for sharing that with me.